Entries Tagged as 'Uncategorized'
August 31st, 2012 · Comments
If I've been anything this year when it comes to the podcast it's been inconsistent. Luckily, my fellow ninebullets.net writers have stepped up to help me out with the podcast. So, here is an hour as curated by Charles Hale once again. Hope y'all like it as much as I do. ~ Autopsy IV
"Let me tell you. When you open a podcast with Otis Redding you know we ain't fucking around. Nothing more needs to be said. Stop reading. Press Play."
01. (the part where I introduce things)
02. Otis Redding - Shake (The Otis Redding Story)
03. The Low Anthem - Champion Angel (Oh My God, Charlie Darwin)
04. Lee Bains III & The Glory Fires - Choctaw Summer (Daytrotter Session)
05. Alabama Shakes - Hang Loose (Boys and Girls)
06. Solomon Burke - Millionaire (Nashville)
07. (the part where I tell you there's lots of music to get to)
08. Glossary - Under A Barking Moon (Long Live All Of Us)
09. Gillian Welch - Six White Horses (Harrow and the Harvest)
10. Justin Townes Earle - Memphis In The Rain (Nothing's Going To.........)
11. Jason Isbell - Hurricanes & Hand Grenades (Sirens Of The Ditch)
12. Lauderdale - Dressed Like The Devil (Moving On)
13. Betty LaVette - Before The Money Came (Scene Of The Crime)
14. (the part where I talk about shit balls in your face)
15. J. Roddy Walston & The Business - Caroline (Self Titled)
16. My Morning Jacket - Easy Morning Rebel (It Still Moves)
17. Patterson Hood - Come Back Little Star (Heat Lighting Rumbles In The Distance)
18. The Only Sons - Helping Hand (When The New Wears Off)
19. Willie Nelson - Uncloudy Day (Best of Willie Nelson)
November 9th, 2011 · Comments
How y’all doing? It’s been a little while since we did one of these. I wish I had a real excuse but, to be honest, I don’t. I felt the pressure of doing a weekly radio show and as a result, the podcast got pushed to the background. Well, that’s not the case any longer and with that said, let’s focus on this show and not the missed shows of the past few months.
Once again out good friend from the Northwest, Lollyrae, sent us some beers and I went to drinking them during the podcast. You may remember that we did this once before and I was a little mixed on the results. While I did not get slurring drunk during this show I think I did a much better job describing the beers and making the trying of the beers a part of the show. I hope y’all think so too.
Speaking of the show. We’ve lots of good new stuff as well as some tunes you’re probably already quite familiar with. The show opens with a cover of Tom Petty’s “Refugee” by The Gaslight Anthem that I think rivals the original. Some of the other standout tracks include; Merle Haggard proving he still has it, Hellbound Glory showing there’s more to them than drug songs, Have Gun Will Travel showing there will be no sophomore slump with Mergers & Acquisitions, Shooter Jennings sending the pop country boys a message and Scott Hiram Biram doing what he does so well.
All that’s left is to press play on the music. So get to it and as always, if you like what you’re hearing on these podcasts, tell your friends about it. Post about it on your Facebook wall. Tweet about it. These bands are all pretty small so every new ear their music find counts, and you can directly assist them in that effort by telling people about this podcast and others like it.
01. The Gaslight Anthem - Refugee (from the iTunes Sessions)
02. Autopsy IV Commentary
03. Merle Haggard - working Man's Blues (from Working In Tennessee)
04. Chris Knight - Enough Rope (from Enough Rope)
05. Doop and The Inside Outlaws - What Am I Supposed To Do (from What Am I Supposed To Do)
06. Autopsy IV Commentary
07. Sassparilla - Same Old Blues (from The Darndest Thing)
08. Gill Landry - Careless Love (from Piety & Desire)
09. James Leg - Drowning In Fire (from Solitary Pleasures)
10. Autopsy IV Commentary
11. Hellbound Glory - Bastard Child (from Damaged Goods)
12. Arliss Nancy - Wrong or Right (from Dance To Forget)
13. Have Gun Will Travel - To The Victor Goes The Spoils (from Mergers & Acquisitions)
14. Autopsy IV Commentary
15. The Decemberists - E. Watson (from Long Live The King)
16. The Black Keys - Lonely Boy (from the cd-single Lonely Boy)
17. Autopsy IV Commentary
18. Shooter Jennings - Outlaw You (from iTunes)
19. Chuck Ragan - Nomad By Fate (from Covering Ground)
20. Autopsy IV Commentary
21. American Anodyne - Bastard Sons Of The New Depression (from So, You Wanna Be A Bullfighter)
22. Scott H. Biram - I want My Mojo Back (from Bad Ingredients)
May 13th, 2011 · Comments
Damnit. This podcast was supposed to be posted the last weekend of April but when I made the podcast apparently my microphone was messing up, so I had to go back and rerecord all the parts where I was talking. As a result, it’s a little late but the music in this episode makes it worth the wait.
This month’s podcast opens with what is, in my opinion, song of the year so far, “Highway 42” by Grayson Capps, and just keeps crushing from there on out. It features Matt Woods, The Only Sons, Have Gun Will Travel and Two Cow Garage, all of whom are playing my birthday party tonight. It also features brand new music from plenty of bands you know, as well as a few you might not.
I’ll leave y’all to the music after a quick request. If you like what you’re hearing on these podcasts, tell you friends about it. Post about it on your Facebook wall. Tweet about it. These bands are all pretty small so every new ear their music find counts, and you can directly assist them in that effort by telling people about this podcast and others like it. So, your challenge for the month of May, should you accept it, is to tell 5 people you think would appreciate this music about a podcast or website. I’d love if it was the 9B Podcast or ninebullets.net, but it doesn’t have to be.
- Grayson Capps - Highway 42 [00.00.00]
- Autopsy IV Commentary [00.03.48]
- Matt Woods - Days Of Walking [00.04.47]
- Old Man Markley - Lowdown Blues [00.07.45]
- The Urbane Cowboys - Here We Go Again [00.11.43]
- Autopsy IV Commentary [00.15.15]
- Have Gun Will Travel - Kerosene & Candlelight [00.17.03]
- Fifth On The Floor - Distant Memory Lane [00.21.13]
- Autopsy IV Commentary [00.25.28]
- Two Cow Garage - Swingset Assassin [00.26.40]
- Austin Lucas - Sleep Well [00.29.33]
- Autopsy Iv Commentary [00.33.55]
- The Only Sons - Put Up A Fight [00.36.48]
- Doc Dailey & Magnolia Devil - Prove Me Wrong [00.39.12]
- Autopsy IV Commentary [00.40.57]
- Sallie Ford & The Sound Outside - Poison Milk [00.42.46]
- Arliss Nancy - Abacus [00.46.18]
- Jon Snodgrass - Old Sad Songs [00.50.16]
- Violent Femmes - American Music [00.52.37]
- Autopsy IV Commentary [00.56.24]
- Frank Turner - Peggy Sang The Blues [00.58.21]
Hey everyone, just a reminder that if you enjoy these podcasts, we do a weekly radio show on Thursday nights here in Tampa/St. Pete on 88.5. WMNF. The show is on from 10pm - 11pm and can be heard live via the internet via wmnf.org. And should you miss the show, no worries! It’s available all week via the archives.
February 1st, 2011 · Comments
(AIV Note: This was supposed to be posted yesterday but my dumb ass forgot to upload the podcast to the server. Der, I iz full of forgets....anyhow, enjoy.)
Well, it might be a new year and I might have a radio show now but nothing really changes when it comes to the podcast. It starts nice enough and you might even be able to hear some improvement gleaned from doing a weekly radio show but it quickly devolves into a ½ drunk foul mouthed typical podcast. Don’t let that deter you though. While my speech and self-censoring abilities may erode over the hour the music fucking slays and that’s what you’re here for, right?
This month show is plumb full of new music. We got new songs from The Only Sons, Kasey Anderson, Social D, The Decemberists, Frank Turner and Two Cow Garage. We also bookended this show with Michael Claytor. We open the show with a track from his solo album, We Have An Elephant and we close the show with an absolutely beautiful song from Austin Lucas which features Michael playing some fine banjo and harmonies. And, if all of that wasn’t pushing your awesome meter to it’s threshold of pain, we even managed to mix in a track from Danzig’s new album and it fits. PLAM! Top that It Burns When I Pee....the gauntlet has been laid down.
Well folks, that’s it. Another month in the can and I hope y’all like it. If you do, could you please, please, please post something about it on twitter, facebook and whatever cutting edge social network I am oblivious to? Every mention of this will expose these artists to someone who’s never heard of them and that’s what we’re looking for.
- Michael Claytor & His Friends - Hairpins [00.00.00]
- Autopsy IV Commentary [00.05.04]
- The Only Sons - Temptation [00.06.24]
- Kasey Anderson - The Wrong Light [00.09.55]
- Danzig - The Revengeful [00.14.07]
- Autopsy IV Commentary [00.18.02]
- Social Distortion - Machine Gun Blues [00.20.07]
- Lucero - Sing Me No Hymns [00.23.45]
- Autopsy V Commentary [00.27.37]
- The Decemberists - Down By The Water [00.30.00]
- Frank Turner - I Still Believe [00.33.37]
- Two Cow Garage - My Great Gatsby [00.37.20]
- Autopsy IV Commentary [00.40.25]
- I Can Lick Any Sonofabitch In The House - Bad Days Ahead [00.42.10]
- Tim Barry - (memento mori) [00.46.22]
- Slim Cessna's Auto Club - This Land Is Our Land (Redux) [00.49.25]
- Autopsy IV Commentary [00.53.37]
- Austin Lucas - Sleep Well [00.56.30]
August 31st, 2010 · Comments
A podcast on a Tuesday. Kind of outta the norm for when I like to post these, but I am trying to see if I can get the traffic level on them increased. Some months kill, while others barely get any listens at all, and one way or the other I’d like to achieve some form of consistency. But that’s enough of my whining. Let’s talk about this month’s show.
First thing you might notice is that this show was actually assembled in two different pieces with two dramatically different levels of sobriety between them. See if you can find the breaking point. Other than that, the first 1/2 of this show is a preview/celebration of my pending trip to Denver for the Suburban Home Records 15th Anniversary Party shows. If you’re gonna be joining me there, then I think you’ll love the part of the show. If you were trying to make it but for whatever reasons just couldn’t make it, consider this some loving salt for your wound. After the Denver segments we barrel into some utterly awesome new music from some bands you may or may not have ever heard of, such as American Graveyard, Left Foot Sally and Gill Landry. I also managed to drop an oldie but goodie from Matthew Dean Herman in there, but I think when you hear it you’ll agree with me that it just. fucking. fit.
We end this month’s podcast from a side project of Devon’s from The Takers. The name of the band is/was Thunderband and they had a standing in Gainesville before Michael moved away. I’ll probably play some more tracks from their demo cd in the coming months.
Well folks, that’s it. Another month in the can and I hope y’all like it. If you do, could you please, please, please post something about it on twitter, facebook and whatever cutting edge social network I am oblivious to?
~ Autopsy IV (twitter / facebook)
August 2010 Track Listing:
- Josh Small - Come Down [00.00.00]
- Micah Schnabel - Cut Me Mick [00.05.32]
- Autopsy IV Commentary [00.08.40]
- Tim Barry (w/Josh Small) - Thing of the Past [00.10.12]
- Two Cow Garage - Burn In Hell [00.13.56]
- I Can Lick Any Sonofabitch In The House - Bad Days Ahead [00.18.48]
- Drag The River - Get Drunk (Live) [00.22.58]
- Autopsy IV Commentary [00.25.02]
- Possessed By Paul James - Feed Your Family [00.27.01]
- American Graveyard - Common Ones [00.29.05]
- Left Foot Sally - Second Wind [00.32.46]
- Matthew Dean Herman - Soule Lake Hotel [00.36.00]
- Autopsy IV Commentry [00.40.26]
- Gill Landry - Careless Hotel [00.42.55]
- The Waifs - Vermillion [00.46.46]
- Counting Crows - Good Time [00.50.32]
- Autopsy IV Commentary [00.54.45]
- Thunderband - Battle Bums [00.57.05]
December 30th, 2009 · Comments
The December podcast will ring out 2009 here on ninebullets. This month there were no themes and no sponsors, just me, a bottle of sweet tea vodka and a huge list of some of my favorite songs of this year. Some made this podcast but most didn't...not because they were inferior songs, mind you, they just didn't fit the show. Believe it or not, I do try to maintain even flows throughout these things and avoid too many whiplash tempo changes. Had I made the podcast the day before or the day after I did, it probably would have turned out very, very differently. But I didn't, and these are the songs that I chose and I'm done apologizing/explaining.
So, here are some of my favorite tracks of 2009 in podcast form. Everyone be safe over the long weekend, nurse your hangovers with the hair of the dog and college bowl games and we'll see you come 2010.
As always, below you'll find the track listing for the show. Please tell your friends and Facebook/Twitter followers about it, I’ll greatly appreciate it.
~ Autopsy IV (twitter/facebook/myspace)
- Drive-By Truckers - Nine Bullets [00.00.00]
- Autopsy IV Commentary [00.04.04]
- Scott H. Biram - Sinkin' Down [00.04.43]
- Leroy Powell - Good Morning Little School Girl [00.08.50]
- Truckstop Coffee - Laredo Skies [00.13.57]
- Autopsy IV Commentary [00.19.02]
- Micah Schnabel - Cut Me, Mick [00.20.19]
- Chuck Ragan - Rotterdamn [00.23.39]
- Matthew Dean Herman - Blackbird [00.26.05]
- Drive-By Truckers - Play It All Night Long [00.30.17]
- Lucero - Sixes and Sevens [00.35.13]
- Tim Barry - Thing Of The Past [00.38.02]
- Autopsy IV Commentary [00.42.17]
- Cam Penner - Thirteen [00.44.19]
- Malcolm Holcombe - A Bigger Plan [00.47.53]
- Autopsy IV Commentary [00.50.58]
- The Takers - Curse of a Drunk [00.53.08]
- Have Gun Will Travel - Wolf In Shepherd's Clothes [00.57.02]
- Autopsy IV Commentary [01.01.41]
- Kasey Anderson - I Was A Photograph [01.02.10]
November 25th, 2009 · Comments
Welcome to the November version of the ninebullets.net podcast. This month, since it's Thanksgiving, I decided to do an all Florida version as an homage to the bands that play week in and week out in my home state. You know, the bands we can see so often we take them for granted. Passing up their shows for whatever the current buzz band coming through town that weekend is, with the fleeting promise that you'll catch their show next weekend. Well this month, on ninebullets, is their show. Thanks for all the drunken nights y'all have given us this year, and I look forward to more of it in the coming year.
In keeping with the Florida theme I reached out to Cigar City Brewing to sponsor this month's show. They agreed and gave me IPA, Mocha Cubano, Brown Ale, Imperial Stout and some others. The idea was to drink them while I did the podcast like I did last month, but once we opened the first growler I knew that wasn't gonna happen. While I took the entire month to work through the Rogue beers, we put down all of the Cigar City beer in two days. If you live in the Tampa area you should get over to their brewery and buy you some. Trust me, I'm a professional.
There is also a ton of free stuff for you listeners wrapped inside this month's podcast. We have free cds from Have Gun Will Travel, Greenland Is Melting and Chuck Ragan. We also have a vinyl copy of The Takers album and a beautiful 7" picture disc from Chuck Ragan. To find out how to win this stuff you're gonna have to actually listen to the show.
That's it. I hope y'all enjoy listening to this show as much as I did making it. I think it turned out really well and I am proud of it, as well as the bands that are featured in it. Do me a favor though, if you listen and you enjoy the show, please tell other people about it.
Thanks, everyone. ~Autopsy IV (web / twitter / facebook)
- Mofro - Florida (Jacksonville) [00.00.00]
- Autopsy IV Talking (St. Petersburg) [00.04.06]
- Truckstop Coffee - US-29 (Lake Worth) [00.05.18]
- The Takers - St. Johns Son (Gainesville) [00.08.54]
- Have Gun Will Travel - Soles Of Our Shoes (Bradenton) [00.11.49]
- Autopsy IV Talking (St. Petersburg) [00.14.50]
- Will Quinlan & The Diviners - Plastic Rosary (Tampa) [00.16.11]
- Rebekah Pulley & the Reluctant Prophets - A Lot of Nothing (Tampa) [00.20.33]
- Jim Morey Band - Anything For Adventure (Tampa) [00.23.43]
- Autopsy IV Talking (St. Petersburg) [00.27.28]
- Greenland Is Melting - No More Sorry Songs (Gainesville) [00.32.07]
- Roppongi's Ace - 1955 (Tampa) [00.35.07]
- Brahm Bones - Canoe (Tampa) [00.39.12]
- Tom Petty - The Last DJ (Gainesville) [00.43.06]
- Autopsy IV Talking (St. Petersburg) [00.46.33]
- Lynyrd Skynyrd - The Ballad Of Curtis Lowe (Jacksonville) [00.48.58]
- Ben Prestage - Sloppy Drunk (Everglades) [00.53.43]
- The Nine Volts - Carolina Soon (Orlando) [00.56.40]
- Autopsy IV Talking (St. Petersburg) [01.01.13]
- Chuck Ragan - Rotterdam (Gainesville) [01.03.20]
October 30th, 2009 · Comments
Well, well, well, here it is. The first themed podcast and we decided to do the dual (collab, if you will) themes of Murder Ballads and Beer. The murder ballads came from y'all's emails and my admittedly shit memory, while the beer came from Rogue Brewery courtesy our Portland friend Lollyrae. I hope I did okay, but I have to admit I am lacking a little confidence on this one. I think the main problem is that I wasn't too sure how I was gonna do it before I started it, then I realized midway through that I needed to cut it off due to file size and my podcast host. That said, a couple more of these and I think I could have it down to an art...not that it matters. This bad boy is done, so let's talk about it.
As I said, this month's podcast features murder ballads and devil songs. I had asked for people to email me their suggestions and got enough songs that I could have done a two hour show, and that's before I put in the songs I wanted to include. THEN, to add more time, I had all that wonderful (and some not so wonderful) beer to talk about! I'm really curious to know if y'all think it turned out very good. If I didn't include your song, it's probably not because I didn't like it, I just ran out of time. Hopefully, next month we're gonna be doing another one of these featuring Florida bands and Florida craft beers.
Y'all have a happy Halloween and check back here tomorrow for a Strawfoot giveaway. Til' then, here is the tracklisting for this month's show, please tell your friends and Facebook/Twitter followers about it. I'll greatly appreciate it.
~ Autopsy IV (twitter/facebook/myspace)
October 2009 Tracklisting:
- Bone Thugs & Harmony - Neighborhood Slang [00.00.00]
- Autopsy IV Commentary [00.01.29]
- Violent Femmes - Country Death Song [00.03.38]
- Gillian Welch - Caleb Meyer [00.08.35]
- Bob Frank & John Murray - Bubba Rose, 1961 [00.11.32]
- Autopsy IV Commentary [00.14.39]
- The Eagles - Take The Devil [00.16.39]
- Jay Farrar - Devil In Disguise [00.20.26]
- Joan Osborne - Man In The Long Black Coat [00.24.02]
- Autopsy IV Commentary [00.28.52]
- Have Gun Will Travel - That Ol' Death Rattle [00.30.24]
- Old Crow Medicine Show - My Good Gal [00.33.20]
- Okkervil River - Westfall [00.37.36]
- Autopsy IV Commentary [00.43.26]
- Scott H. Biram - I See The Light/What's His Name [00.45.08]
- Strawfoot - Cursed Neck [00.52.15]
- Uncle Sinner - Shady Grove [00.56.39]
- Those Poor Bastards - A Bone To Pick [00.58.25]
- Sons of Perdition - Psalm of Retribution [00.59.33]
- Autopsy IV Commentary [01.03.38]
- Hank III - Cocaine Blues [01.05.09]
- Amy Lavere - Killing Him [01.08.57]
- Tim Barry - Dog Bumped [01.11.57]
- Autopsy IV Commentary [01.16.08]
- Chris Knight - Down The River [01.08.20]
Tags: Uncategorized · podcast · ninebullets.net
July 31st, 2009 · Comments
Holy. Crap. Talk about getting one in right under the wire. No matter. We're here. tt's still July and the podcast is live, so let's talk about it.
This month's podcast is divided into two halves. The first half is all about new music. In that section we have a song from the upcoming Lucero cd, 1372 Overton Park, as well as a phenomenal cover of Lucero's "Better Than This" by ninebullets.net faves, The Fox Hunt. Incidentally, the new Lucero album is currently up for preorder. If you do preorder it, not only will you get the physical cd a few weeks prior to the "official" release date, you'll also immediately get to download a six song preview of the album (from whence the song on this podcast came). While we're on the preorder tip, there is a also song on the podcast from the new Chris Knight album, Trailer Tapes II. Like the new Lucero, Chris' album is up for preorder, but if you preorder it now you'll get to download a digital copy of the whole album immediately.
The second half of the podcast features bands from this year's Deep Blues Festival, which I plan on posting a complete recap of next week. I featured American Relay in this segment who, unfortunately, played their last show ever at the Festival. I believe they have a new album coming out, but there will be no touring to support it. Also featured is Davina and The Vagabonds. I had high hopes for this band and they lived up to every one. Matter of fact, during their set I tweeted the following, "Davina and the Vagabonds. Music you should fuck to". I also decided to include Woodsbossman, Tom VandenAvond. He looks like he could be Scott H. Biram's little brother and he writes some fine, fine music.
I closed this month's Podcast with a track from Gainesville's The Takers. Their new album has finally been released and you can get it at all your favorite digital outlets, plus you can read about the album here.
And that does it. Another month comes to pass. I am pretty happy with this month's podcast and I think y'all will like it. Do me a favor, though. If you listen and you enjoy the show, please tell other people about it. The website's stats have been increasing this month, but the podcast's stats have been in decline. I am gonna try to do more advertising of the show this month, but nothing beats word of mouth.
Thanks, everyone. ~Autopsy IV (twitter: @autopsy4)
- Drive-By Truckers - Nine Bullets [00.00.00]
- Lucero - Hey Darling, Do You Gamble [04.03.00]
- The Fox Hunt - Better Than This (Lucero Cover) [08.36.00]
- Autopsy IV Commentary [11.56.50]
- Truckstop Coffee - Ghost or an Angel [13.00.00]
- Drive-By Truckers - Zip City [19.09.00]
- Chris Knight - Highway Junkie [24.25.00]
- Autopsy IV Commentary [28.57.00]
- Matthew Dean Herman - Southern Belle [30.25.00]
- American Relay - Bonedry [34.13.25]
- Left Lane Cruiser - Amy's In The Kitchen [37.19.25]
- A Night In The Box - Rich Man's Table [40.38.50]
- Autopsy V Commentary [44.07.25]
- Davina and The Vagabonds - St. Michael Vs The Devil [44.46.25]
- Red Clay River - Rattlesnake Mountain [49.36.00]
- Tom VandenAvond - I cant help It If Im Still In Love With You [52.44.00]
- Autopsy Commentary [55.06.00]
- The Takers - Taker Easy [56.09.00]
March 26th, 2009 · Comments
Here it is. The first ninebullets.net podcast. I was originally gonna clean this up and try to add a few bells and whistles to it but then I remembered I am gonna be out of the office all day today so if I was gonna put up anything it would need to be this.
Anyhow. The plans are to get a better microphone before I make another one. Also, does anyone know how to make a podcast so that it displays what songs are being played? Or, a wordpress plugin that will let you skip songs should you want to.
Anyhow, give it a listen and tell me what you think. Any creative criticism is welcome. Here is the tracklisting:
- Drive-By Truckers - Nine Bullets
- Leonard Cohen - Everybody Knows
- Autopsy IV
- Lucero - I’ll Just Fall
- Drive-By Truckers - Women Without Whiskey
- Scott H. Biram - Blood, Sweat & Murder
- Autopsy IV
- Jawbone - Saucy Sauce
- Left Lave Cruiser - Big Mama
- Autopsy IV
- Slim Cessna’s Auto Club - This Is How We Do Things In The Country
- The Legendary ShackShakers - County Of Graves
- North Mississippi Allstars - Goin’ Down South
- Autopsy IV
- American Relay - Bonedry
- Chris Knight - Down The River
- Autopsy IV
- Drive-By Truckers - Nine Bullets