Damnit. This podcast was supposed to be posted the last weekend of April but when I made the podcast apparently my microphone was messing up, so I had to go back and rerecord all the parts where I was talking. As a result, it’s a little late but the music in this episode makes it worth the wait.
This month’s podcast opens with what is, in my opinion, song of the year so far, “Highway 42” by Grayson Capps, and just keeps crushing from there on out. It features Matt Woods, The Only Sons, Have Gun Will Travel and Two Cow Garage, all of whom are playing my birthday party tonight. It also features brand new music from plenty of bands you know, as well as a few you might not.
I’ll leave y’all to the music after a quick request. If you like what you’re hearing on these podcasts, tell you friends about it. Post about it on your Facebook wall. Tweet about it. These bands are all pretty small so every new ear their music find counts, and you can directly assist them in that effort by telling people about this podcast and others like it. So, your challenge for the month of May, should you accept it, is to tell 5 people you think would appreciate this music about a podcast or website. I’d love if it was the 9B Podcast or ninebullets.net, but it doesn’t have to be.
- Grayson Capps - Highway 42 [00.00.00]
- Autopsy IV Commentary [00.03.48]
- Matt Woods - Days Of Walking [00.04.47]
- Old Man Markley - Lowdown Blues [00.07.45]
- The Urbane Cowboys - Here We Go Again [00.11.43]
- Autopsy IV Commentary [00.15.15]
- Have Gun Will Travel - Kerosene & Candlelight [00.17.03]
- Fifth On The Floor - Distant Memory Lane [00.21.13]
- Autopsy IV Commentary [00.25.28]
- Two Cow Garage - Swingset Assassin [00.26.40]
- Austin Lucas - Sleep Well [00.29.33]
- Autopsy Iv Commentary [00.33.55]
- The Only Sons - Put Up A Fight [00.36.48]
- Doc Dailey & Magnolia Devil - Prove Me Wrong [00.39.12]
- Autopsy IV Commentary [00.40.57]
- Sallie Ford & The Sound Outside - Poison Milk [00.42.46]
- Arliss Nancy - Abacus [00.46.18]
- Jon Snodgrass - Old Sad Songs [00.50.16]
- Violent Femmes - American Music [00.52.37]
- Autopsy IV Commentary [00.56.24]
- Frank Turner - Peggy Sang The Blues [00.58.21]
Hey everyone, just a reminder that if you enjoy these podcasts, we do a weekly radio show on Thursday nights here in Tampa/St. Pete on 88.5. WMNF. The show is on from 10pm - 11pm and can be heard live via the internet via wmnf.org. And should you miss the show, no worries! It’s available all week via the archives.